Bill n°1074 on compensation for victims of sexual offences, crimes against children and domestic violence voted on 7 December 2023
This Act establishes a system enabling victims of offences to claim compensation from the State…
Law No. 1.536 of December 9, 2022 aims to strengthen the anti-money laundering framework.
A reform of the international cooperation procedure has been implemented by establishing an “international criminal assistance”, now in compliance with the 37th recommendation of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
The changes brought about by the law include:
– Creation of Article 596-2 of the Code of Criminal Procedure: international assistance requests will be transmitted through diplomatic channels;
– Creation of Articles 596-7 and 596-8 of the Code of Criminal Procedure: possible suspension of the execution of international criminal investigations in certain situations, such as when they harm the Monegasque investigation or when they concern facts already judged in Monaco;
– Creation of Article 596-10 of the Code of Criminal Procedure: principle of reciprocity in the absence of an international convention, except in certain specific cases;
– Creation of Article 596-13 of the Code of Criminal Procedure: possibility of appeal against assistance measures before the Chambre du Conseil of the Court of Appeal, within one month;
– Creation of Article 596-19 of the Code of Criminal Procedure: possibility of setting up joint investigation teams with states with which Monaco has treaties or agreements.